What is Eureka?
Eureka is the world’s most extensive public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation and is present in over 45 countries.
- Eureka provides access to public funding: as the national funding body in your country, Eureka gives you access to public funding for your R&D projects.
- Eureka drives international collaboration: Eureka can help you find international partners, build your ideal project consortium and choose the best programme.
- Eureka boosts expansion into new markets: Eureka will support you as you access new markets by providing tools and advice for development.
- Eureka offers personalised advice: the Eureka national project coordinator (NPC) in your country can advise, support, and guide you from developing your project idea to its commercialisation.
Mission and vision
Eureka’s mission is to enhance competitiveness and strengthen R&D&I ecosystems by supporting cross-border research and innovation collaboration between SMEs, large companies, universities and research organisations.
Eureka’s vision is to continue to be the world’s leading public network for research and innovation cooperation through aligned national priorities and financing, generating economic, sustainable and societal impact worldwide.
ECP and the Eureka Clusters
Eureka Clusters Programme (ECP)
The Eureka Clusters Programme (ECP) is industry-driven and shared between the complementary thematic Cluster communities of:
- CELTIC-NEXT: Next-generation Communications for a secured, trusted, and sustainable digital society
- Eurogia: Low-carbon energy technologies
- ITEA: Software innovation and Digital Transition
- SMART: Advanced Manufacturing and Production Technologies
- Xecs: Sustainable digital transformation in Electronic Components & Systems
The ECP stimulates international collaborative RD&I projects within and between the different Cluster communities, advancing high-quality innovations beyond the state-of-the-art. The goal is the creation of products, processes and services for economic, environmental and societal benefits.
The Eureka Clusters remain open and flexible, both individually and collectively, to be the best tools for international collaborative innovation support and funding.
The Eureka Clusters are industry-driven R∓D programmes with thematic communities of experts. They stimulate pan-European collaboration between large companies, SMEs, RTOs and universities.
Next to CELTIC-NEXT, there are four other Eureka Clusters, each with its own scope: