The mission of CELTIC-NEXT for the next four years is to foster our Eureka collaborative RD&I program for the ICT community and accelerate the deployment and take-up of advanced ICT services, employing the new network concepts of 5G and leading to the ownership and implementation
of 6G in Europe. It is crucial to consolidate the position of European manufacturers and service providers, with a high degree of European sovereignty, as globally leading suppliers of the advanced ICT equipment and services needed for the digital revolution.
In an increasingly digital society, CELTIC-NEXT is the key to developing the next generations of enabling telecommunications technologies and end-to-end services.Specifically as CELTIC-NEXT will actively encourage the ICT industry collaboration with other industry verticals to facilitate the adoption of advanced ICT technologies into all industry sectors’ business models and processes.
This will foster the evolving needs of businesses in all sectors and give to citizens in Europe and beyond a broad range of applications and solutions: the ‘Smart Connected World’.
The focus of the CELTIC-NEXT approach is to consider the issues in a holistic way considering the “end-to-end” perspective of the new communications services – including an understanding of the economic, environmental, and societal benefits and the new extensive use of data. Over recent years, the environmental aspects of using advanced communications services to monitor and supervise energy-consuming activities and investigate where advanced communications can improve business models and processes by replacing activities with ICT services and reducing carbon footprints for many sectors.
We focuse on helping to provide this network of networks, system of systems, able to deliver all needed services in an efficient and cost-effective way. We stimulate and facilitates innovative, industry-driven, precompetitive R&D projects.
Our mission can be described in a few words:
- Assist Eureka Nations and Industry to access the societal benefits & returns of being at the forefront of the new digital society
- Consolidate the Eureka Nations Sovereignty in ICT technologies and services, thus, other critical infrastructures relying on ICT infrastructures, like the Energy Grid
- Consolidate the position of Eurekan ICT Manufacturers and Service Providers, within Eureka countries and in the Global Market
- Strengthen the competitiveness of the European industry by fostering European R&D cooperation in telecommunications and the well-being of the society by stimulating innovative information and telecommunication services
- Increase the European societal and industrial demand for advanced services over high performant networks by pushing the technological limits beyond
- Reinforce that key enablers for the digital transformation are new end-to-end services and infrastructures, including security, cloud infrastructure, big data, AI and energy efficiency
To pursue its mission, CELTIC-NEXT assists European National Authorities, European Industry and European Societies to access the societal benefits, competitive advantages and commercial returns of being at the forefront of the new digital society.
The CELTIC-NEXT vision is to accelerate the full digitalization of the vertical sectors though a strong collaboration between the ICT technology communities and the vertical industries. In the context of CELTIC-NEXT “end-to-end” approach, projects will be encouraged to address the full value chain to comprehensively integrate the technological and business enablers to ensure a significant return on the Eureka European and associated nations’ research investments and to gain a competitive edge for their respective industries.
This is the reason why CELTIC-NEXT vision aims at:
- Scaling up the digitisation of every industrial process and providing secure, reliable and user-friendly communications that can be integrated into every aspect of our lives
- Investigating where advanced communications can reduce carbon footprints for many vertical sectors
- Bringing all Eureka Communities to consider the issues in a holistic way considering the “end-to-end” perspective of the new communications
- Actively facilitating the adoption of those ICT technologies by all targeted Verticals into their communities, business models and processes
- Making Eurekan* National Authorities, Eurekan Industry, and Eurekan Societies access to societal benefits, competitive advantages, commercial returns of being at the forefront of the new digital society
- Accelerating the deployment and adoption of new advanced end-to-end ICT services, employing the new network concepts of 5G and leading to the implementation of 6G for & in Eureka countries
*European and extra-European Nation belonging to the Eureka Network of nations