I do belong to a Core Group Company
- Get in touch with the representative of your company in the Core Group to see if you can join the existing Group of Experts in your domain of interest and expertise.
I do Not belong to a Core Group Company
- If you wish to belong to the Core Group of Experts, please contact us by sending to our Celtic management team an email with your domain(s) of expertise.
Purpose of the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts (GoE)
The Group of Experts (GoE) is responsible for the evaluation of project proposals and for taking part in Celtic project reviews.
The GoE comprises several sub-groups accountable for a particular technical area. Core group members nominate members of the GoE, and an expert chairs each GoE.
Composition of the GoE
The CELTIC-NEXT Core Group may install a permanent CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts which has delegated responsibilities, and which shall execute specific tasks and responsibilities.
The CELTIC-NEXT Core Group decides upon the working rules for the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts. The number of members and the composition of the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts are decided by the CELTIC-NEXT Core Group. The CELTIC-NEXT Core Group may decide to replace a member in the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts, if such member becomes an Affiliate to another Participant having a representative in the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts or to a company not being resident in a country of Europe, or if the criteria for his/her membership would no longer apply, or to have additional members appointed.
Labelling and recommending funding
After evaluation by the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts, the CELTIC-NEXT Core Group decides whether it will grant a label, hereinafter the “CELTIC-NEXT Label” to the proposed Project. The CELTIC-NEXT Label is the confirmation of the CELTIC-NEXT Organisation that the proposed Project fits to the goals of Programme and that the applying organisations may participate as Participants in the Programme. The CELTIC-NEXT Label is the confirmation that the CELTIC-NEXT Organisation recommends the Project for public funding. The CELTIC Project Proposal is the basic technical document for the application for funding to the respective PAs. The decision of funding lies with the respective PA.
Responsibilities of the GoE
The CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts has a delegated responsibility from the CELTIC-NEXT Core Group for all decisions related to selection and monitoring of Projects. Unless otherwise decided by the CELTIC-NEXT Core Group, the CELTIC-NEXT Group of Experts performs the following tasks:
- Making proposals for, and taking care of, updating and implementation of guidelines for technical Projects selection and ranking;
- Making recommendations on giving the CELTIC-NEXT Label to project proposals and funding outlook by PAs;
- Making recommendations in case of major Project change requests;
- Participating in mid-term reviews and giving recommendations to achieve better projects outcomes;
- Participating in final term reviews, accessing projects outcomes and results, and providing further recommendations on further exploitation and potential follow-up projects;
- Advising the CELTIC-NEXT Core Group on all relevant issues.