- This event has passed.
CELTIC-NEXT Proposers Day
November 18, 2014@9:00 am - 3:30 pm CET
Programme and presentations
The proposers day is an excellent opportunity to present and to learn about project ideas, and to discuss them with potential partners. It is just one day before the EUREKA Innovation Event on 19 November 2014 in Basel, so you can perfectly combine both events.
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome by Swiss Host
9:15 – 9:40 Keynote: Michael Kerle, Head of Product Marketing, Swisscom
– How to compete as a Telecom with Online Service Providers
9:40 – 10:00 CELTIC-NEXT success stories
– HIPERMED (Finalist EUREKA Innovation Award), Oscar Chabrera, Vilynx
10:00-10:30 Best practise for proposing and performing CELTIC-NEXT projects – hands on experience
– Performing a CELTIC-NEXT project (experiences of the H2B2VS Coordinator Raoul Monnier, Thomson Video Networks)
– Preparing a CELTIC-NEXT project proposal (Peter Herrmann, Celtic Office)
11:00-11:30 Signature of the MoU between CELTIC-NEXT and Prompt (Canada)
– Signature of the MoU
– Presentation of Canadian project ideas
11:30-13:00 CELTIC-NEXT Proposal Presentations
1. Personalised Media Services enabled by connected devices, Luc Overmeire, VRT, Belgium
2. M2M Telemetry system for severe operating environments, George Suciu, BEIA Consult, Romania
3. RelCOvAir, Frank Burkhardt, Fraunhofer IIS, Germany
4. PST – Predictable and performant Software for Telecom system, Mikael Sjödin, Mälardalen University, Sweden
5. Secure, Scalable Video Services in Cloud, Harri Hyväri, VTT, Finland
6. Electronic Identification in the European E-Government, Peter Tihanyi, E-Group ICT, Hungary
7. Virtual, Model-Based and Risk-Driven Health Management, András Simonyi, Hungary
8. NETAS, Riza Durucasugil, NETAS, Turkey
9. INTERFEROFF: efficient inter-cell INTERFerence coordination, cEll planning and tRaffic OFFloading in next-generation mobile hetnets, Hakima Chaouchi, Institut Télécom, France
10. WATTSI Technology, Times Lakatamitis-Erdelyi, Effishoes Innovation Ltd., Hungary
11. EURO MD2, Laurent Manteau, Gemalto, France
12. DigitalSense, Sacha Helfenstein, Agora Center, Finland
13. SPECMORE Spectrum Efficiency and Coexistence for Mobile Radio Emergency Systems, Pradeep Kumar, Univ. of Oulu, Finland
13:00-14:30 Lunch and “Meet the Proposers”
– Networking of proposers and interested partners.
– Opportunities to talk to representatives of the national funding authorities.
14:30-15:30 Panel with Public Authorities about research priorities and funding situations
– Moderated session where the audience hear the news from the representatives of the national funding authorities about hot research topics and funding opportunities.
Moderator: David Kennedy, Eurescom