Improved funding conditions for Celtic-Plus Project participants in Spain
A very substantial improvement has been announced by the Spanish Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism (MINETUR) of its funding conditions for Celtic-Plus project:
- The maximum grant amount based on the innovation criteria is considerably increased to a rate of
- up 50% for SMEs
- up to 40% for large industry
- The loan, that was previously mandatory is now optional
It is expected that these improvements strengthen the participation of Spanish organisations in Celtic-Plus projects.
Celtic-Plus encourages interested Spanish companies to become active in future Celtic-Plus Calls on coming February 26 and May 25. For this a Celtic-Plus Proposers Day will be organized on March 16 in Madrid at the CDTI premises.
These improvements were discussed at a meeting in December 2015 at MINETUR in Madrid, which brought together two Spanish Ministries MINETUR and CDTI, the three Spanish Celtic-Plus Core Group industry Members ATOS, INDRA and Telefonica and two EUREKA Clusters Celtic-Plus and ITEA3.
The Goal of the meeting was to strengthen the participation of large Spanish industry in EUREKA Cluster projects to achieve the optimal ecosystem between small and large Industry, Public Research Organisations and Academia for maximising the business impact of innovative ICT R&D.
It was agreed to investigate how the flexibility of public funding could be further improved to allow industry to better react on changing market conditions.
For further information, interested parties can access:
- Celtic-Plus Winter Call on February 26
- Celtic-Plus proposers Day in March at CDTI in Madrid
- 2015 Spanish national Call
- MINETUR funding Portal
- Celtic-Plus Spring Call on Mai 25 (to be published later this year)